It is time for you to act, Lord; your law is being broken. (Psalm 119:126)
In the days leading up to The State of the Union address, I tried to make an honest assess about America. Beside the non-stop rhetoric and grandstanding by political leaders on both sides about their accomplishments, how are we really doing. What’s the truth?
PRESENT DAY ASSESSMENT
Based upon what I know from what God tells us in the Bible, I think He is displeased, if not appalled. Here is just a sampling of the issues upon which I base my opinion.
- God is being pushed out of public life. Christian values are being ignored.
But they mocked God’s messengers, despised his words and scoffed at his prophets until the wrath of the Lord was aroused against his people and there was no remedy. (Jeremiah 36:16)
- Despite the recent Supreme Court ruling that the abortion issue should be settled at the state level, the left has responded with a vengeance. Abortion-rights activists are more determined that women’s preferences win out over the lives of innocent children who continue to be murdered at an alarming rate. The present administration has continued to throw its full weight to support abortion at every turn.
They built high places for Baal in the Valley of Ben Hinnom to sacrifice their sons and daughters to Molech, though I never commanded—nor did it enter my mind—that they should do such a detestable thing and so make Judah sin. (Jeremiah 32:35)
- Secular professors at the university level are trashing godly values and beliefs and teaching young people to ignore the Christian foundations that have contributed to making America the most successful democratic nation in history.
The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron. (1 Timothy 4:1-2)
- Crime and lawlessness in many of our liberal-run cities are out of control, especially to include homicide. San Francisco, Chicago, Los Angeles, and New York City stand at top of this list.
Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. (Romans 13:1-2)
- Public schools across the country teaching children that sex and gender are up for grabs. Did God make a mistake?
So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them. (Genesis 1:27)
There are many more issues I could name and provide biblical support to show that the United States is going in the wrong direction. The United States has fallen into moral and spiritual darkness.
Am I angry? Yes. Am I frustrated? You bet. I know that many people, both Christian and non-Christian would agree that America is in trouble.
- Is there any hope?
- Will God intervene to save America? Have we gone too far in the wrong direction?
- What’s our part toward rescuing America from destruction?
(In Part 2, I’ll discuss solid reasons for hope as we move into the future.)